Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ATTENTION VIRGINIA TRAPPERS – Muskrat Carcasses Needed for Study
11-16-2017, 05:49 PM
ATTENTION VIRGINIA TRAPPERS – Muskrat Carcasses Needed for Study
“My name is Scott Malotka and I am currently a PhD student in the Biological Sciences department at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg MB performing research under the direction of Jillian Detwiler (https://detwilerlab.weebly.com). My research involves surveying intestinal parasites in muskrat hosts. Dr. Lisa Belden, a collaborator of ours from Virginia Tech, suggested that you might be able to help us obtain muskrats from local trappers. We are planning to spend ~2 weeks in mid-late November (Nov 28-Dec10) at her laboratory in Blacksburg and would like to necropsy at least 20 muskrats, ideally from a single location/general area. However, currently we don’t have any contacts with local trappers. We will have a rental car, so we are happy to pick-up skinned or non-skinned animals wherever necessary, and help with the trapping if necessary. The carcasses can be frozen or freshly trapped.”
If you can provide Scott with rat carcasses during their trip to Virginia, please contact him at 507-429-1324 or malotkas@myumanitoba.ca. Thanks, Art Foltz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply