Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
District 5 Report
03-15-2016, 07:39 PM
District 5 Report
Hello District 5. Another trapping season is in the books. I hope that you all were able get out in the woods and waters at least a little. Fur prices are depressing, to say the least, but we've seen low markets before and we will see good markets again.
The board of directors meeting at the fur sale was productive. A financial report was given and seems to be in order. It was decided to change the newsletter to a more affordable and sustainable format, and to focus more on NEWS which is the whole point in the first place.
We are working to fill the vacant Vice president position.
We are also considering changes to the fur sale format / location. If you have ideas, please let me know.
There was discussion of the VTA purchasing a 2nd trailer to be kept in the Southwest part of the state. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.
The executive board discussed and passed a budget, which will be presented to the board of directors for approval.
Our March meeting will be the 19th at 2pm at the home of Rick Golladay at 332 Walker Rd Mt Jackson.
Our April meeting will be Sunday the 17th at 2pm at Spillman Park at 3543 Colvin Road in Amissville.
Our meeting in May will be the 21st and will be our district family picnic in Rileyville. We will be there all day, but will eat at 1pm, and have our meeting at 2pm. We will provide the meat (s) and ask that each family bring a side dish and/or a dessert. We will try to have a couple trapping demos, some events for the kids, a 50/50 raffle, and perhaps a cake walk or auction.
Eddie Sealock has the Henry Golden Boy commemorative 22 rifle that we will be raffling off. Tickets are $5 each. Please let me know if you need any to sell.
That's all I have for now. If you have ideas, questions, comments, or anything else please contact me at 540-435-4849 or email - advantagewildlifesolutions@yahoo.com.
Bryan Nelson
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply